Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!

Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!
Not your usual wedding picture...

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Alivia's 1st Birthday! - October 29, 2010

Hello again! We have been so busy recently, that I have not had time to post any new entries to Alivia's blog. But, a lot has happened while we were away! First, Alivia had a very special birthday breakfast on Friday, October 29th. Not only did she have her usual three silver dollar pancakes, but we were surprised to find out that the pancakes were completely covered with fresh strawberries! Alivia was literally sooo happy that she jumped out of her car seat, as to allow herself full access to all of the beautiful & delicious strawberries covering her pancakes. My mom (her Grammy) met us at the Cafe to celebrate, and she brought Alivia her first birthday present ever; a ducky stuffed animal which sings ducky songs and says the alphabet. Alivia was barely impressed. She dropped the duck right onto the floor after holding it for two minutes, tops. She wanted to dive back into those bright red strawberries! And who can blame her? After she snatched up each one, she showed little interest in the actual pancakes. So my mom - wanting to please Alivia on her birthday - ordered her a big bowl of just strawberries. Once they were delivered to us, she ate maybe two or three more, and then she starting "feeding the floor." You know - the floor does get hungry sometimes, too. I suppose its just a coincidence that it usually tends to occur right about the same time as when Alivia's tummy gets filled. Our next adventure took us to the store Tuesday Morning, but we came out very disappointed, carrying only Christmas wrapping paper. (I also found a maid costume, for umm, Halloween.) We said good bye to Grammy, and after many kisses we headed to Target where I went on a mad search for 12 Month girls' clothing. Leggings are definitely the "in" thing this year, but one would think that other options would have been available, as well. No such luck. I found tables full of leggings! And shirts connected to leggings! And leggings hanging up! And leggings laying down! Target was being taken over by leggings. So now, Alivia owns about ten pairs of leggings!!! I also picked out sleepers, and sweaters, and socks, and I found many cute pairs of jeans. And finally, when I was at my whit's end, I called Bob. "Come help me put back some of the clothes before I buy everything in Target that comes in a size 12 Months!" He drove right over. I expected him to stop the insanity I was creating! But, instead, he fell prey to the fact that it was our only baby's birthday. "Buy her whatever she wants," was followed by trips up and down every toy aisle in the store. At least her clothes were priced reasonably! Any toy Alivia touched, Bob put in the cart. I must have been dreaming. Not my Bob. My Bob says things like "Carrie, she'll never even remember her first birthday," or "I'm sure your mom will buy her plenty of presents from Nordstrom." But not today! Today, Alivia got whatever she touched...a cart completely packed full of clothes and toys. For a one year old. Too bad she will never even recall truly being a princess for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment