Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!

Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!
Not your usual wedding picture...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

When Abby came to visit yesterday (please see the entry below), she mentioned to me that she & her mom are getting pink hair extensions put in to support Breast Cancer Awareness. That is actually pretty common for women to do these days in the month of October. Two years ago, I was telling Abby, I used to snap in pink hair extensions on any random Friday night just to go out with my friends! So maybe I was a bit wild!?! On one particular night, I had scheduled a first date with my now husband, Bob, but we ended up canceling it. Well, what a good thing; you see, my husband does NOT believe in pink hair at any time, for any reason, and he is entitled to his opinion. On the other hand, I'm sure he did plenty of things when he was single that I would not have approved. But we are married now and our daughter, Alivia, will turn One-year-old at the end of this month (October). So, let's just let the past stay there. Although, I will say that my mom bought me a pink breast cancer support long-sleeve thermal shirt last year, and I wore it into the hospital while I was actually in labor. I wrote a previous blog about how Alivia was born at the end of this particular month because she is a true Scorpio, and now I am writing this... Once she is old enough, Alivia will be taught to support breast cancer research. Even if Bob doesn't like pink hair! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment