Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!

Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!
Not your usual wedding picture...

Monday, October 4, 2010

She's just a baby!!!

Alivia hates my pictures, but she's so darn cute that I can't resist taking them! This past Saturday was her big photo shoot day, and Grammy (my Mom) went with us. I was hopeful that she could pull some magic bunnies out of her "bonnet" - haha. Right now, Alivia is laying on the floor in a cute little jean dress with pink flowers on it, drinking her juice. This presents a perfect photograph opportunity for me. Well, - it did! Someone in our apartment hallway just made the smallest peep, and Alivia's astute ears picked up the sound. "Ah, da?" she asks, looking at the front door waiting for her daddy to come home. "No. No," I tell her. And she quickly becomes fascinated with my furry pink slippers. "Da-da will be home soon," I say in a language that I am quite sure sounds a bit like gibberish to her.  She's back down on the floor again now, presenting me with another excellent photo opportunity if only the camera phone didn't have this ridiculous three-second delay between the time you hit the camera button and the time it actually takes the picture. Damn phone... "Hell-wo," she says when she sees me pick up my phone, this time without the threat of the camera flash. "Hell-wo," I say back to her. "How are you?" I ask her. "Ah da-da-da-da-da" is followed by a scream for no reason that is apparent to me. She's carrying around Bob's hat and sniffing it: something that she does with all of his things when he's not home. "Da-da-da-da-da," she repeats five times that I count, until the fake cries come, and then the real tears. She obviously really wants Bob to come home - and she is not the only one!  We are planning to go back to finish the photo shoot next Saturday. The photographer actually told my mom & I to come back when Alivia was "in a better mood." Poor little Alivia! She gets hungry and tired, and she enjoys walking off the "photo stage." She's just a baby!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment