Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!

Sunglasses at the wedding on the pier!
Not your usual wedding picture...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Projects! Projects! Projects!

Last week, I was on the phone with my sister-in-law, Meredith, who I definitely consider more of a friend than an "in-law." I knew that she had taken a picture of herself with one of my pink extensions in her hair, and I called her to ask if I could post the picture to my BCA blog. Here it is below, instead.


While we were talking, I started telling Meredith about my current projects... First and foremost -- of course! I am loving and caring for my darling little Alivia Marie. I'm learning so much about child development, and I really do enjoy managing the blog which I have dedicated to her! Additionally, I have been writing a Women's Fiction Novel which has a sub-genre: Crime. With all of the detective shows that, because of their popularity, have been taking over television lately; I believe this is the perfect subject matter for a new author. I am also working on a fun project, which is just for myself. I have gone through the last four or five Glamour Magazines and I'm creating a sort of "fashion guide." I've divided my guide into three sections: 1) make-up, 2) clothing, and 3) body/exercise/health suggestions. I've also made a point to read the non-fiction articles contained in the magazines which feature women who have survived a major tragedy within their lives. I'm interested in their tone and the type of language each woman uses to describe these awful life events. I think this detail may help me write my novel in a more realistic manner. I'm also reading two books: 'Time of My Life,' by Allison Winn Scotch, and 'A Date with Death,' by Michele R. McPhee. Lastly, I've been brainstorming on a business development project for one of Bob's colleagues. All of this keeps me quite busy! Especially since I have vowed to take Alivia for pancakes at least once a week :) We also spend a good amount of time dancing and playing patty-cake (with her feet, funny enough)! Since her birthday party is in two weeks, I've added event/party planning to my resume! I typically make dinner for my darling husband, and his work clothes are usually both clean and folded... And they say that "stay-at-home" moms have it easy!? Actually, I just LOVE watching my baby and taking on projects; I only hope that when it comes time to look for a job again, that my projects will be recognized as important to any future employers!

No comments:

Post a Comment